Wednesday 26 December 2007

Debenhams

Just wanted to give a salutation to all those work at the Cambridge branch of Debenhams and a moan at the managers!

On Xmas Eve, the shops surrounding the aforementioned branch closed at or around 4 p.m. Perfectly reasonable, I thought.

Debenhams, however, were open until six! Yes SIX P.M. on Xmas Eve despite there being more people in the North Pole in Summer than there were in Cambridge seeking the last minute shop!

I was in there at this time, not that I wanted to be but I had to be. Why? My beloved son wanted me to get him a red shirt for Xmas for his work.

Anyway, I digress...

What were the managers of Debenhams thinking? Why did they keep the shop open and the shop assistants 'busy' until 6 when there was no point? Behind the false smiles of the perfume counter people and the obvious boredom of the others, there was plainly a feeling behind their eyes that they wanted to go home and that there was no real point in keeping the shop open.

I salute you shop workers of Debenhams. Merry Xmas!

Managers of Debenhams, I urge you to reconsider your opening hours over Xmas...

No comments:

Powered By Blogger